How to Care
For Your Suit
A well looked after suit will last a long time. For complete satisfaction follow these basic care instructions to preserve your suit's longevity.
• Pockets, lapels and columns should be brushed frequently to remove dirt.
• Stains should be blotted immediately not rubbed.
• Creased garments recover well in a humid environment. Hang them somewhere damp and warm, such as a bathroom, or vaporize them lightly with water.
• After use, allow your suit to rest; wearing the same suit for two days in succession can cause damage to the fibres.
• To help maintain the shape of your suit always hang your jacket on an appropriate hanger that supports the shoulders and always hang your trousers vertically.
• Avoid placing items in your pockets as this will put strain on the seams.
• Unbutton your suit jacket before you sit down to avoid pulling.
• Store your suit in a breathable garment bag for protection.
• Have your suit dry cleaned at least once a season, however excessive dry cleaning can reduce the life of a suit.
Reprinted Courtesy Holland & Sherry